As a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) or Regional Medical Advisor (Adviser) you will be, together with the Medical Advisor, the medical content expert for your product or group of products of the company in the medical scientific field. Where the Medical Advisor mainly works from the office, collaborating with marketing, local and international management, you will mainly be active in the field, working with sales colleagues and more directly with health care professionals such as (prescribing) physicians, specialists, pharmacists and key opinion leaders (KOLs). You will contribute to the positioning of your product(s), identify what is going on in the medical scientific field and provide feedback internally. You can build excellent partnerships with health care professionals and you will get energy from building and maintaining relationships and networks.
Some tasks/responsibilities of a MSL:
Signaling and assessing (local) research possibilities, facilitating and setting up, as well as supervising ongoing clinical trials and investigator initiated trials from the medical and marketing/sales perspective, attending congresses and conferences, giving input on marketing strategies, presenting medical scientific information and managing medical or scientific marketing projects will be part of your duties. At the same time, you will work together with marketing & sales, you will ensure that the CGR rules are being complied with and you will be an active member of the brand team. You will often report to the Medical Affairs Manager or Head of Medical Affairs, depending on which title is used in the organization.
Your background and profile:
- Completed biomedical or medical study at Master or PhD level is strongly preferred, depending on the organization;
- An MSL position is often the next step in your career where, for example, you have gained experience as a Product Specialist (sales), as a CRA or in another position within the medical department such as Medical (Information) Officer;
- Knowledge of CGR and GCP guidelines;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Drivers license;
- Project management skills;
- Interest in the pharmaceutical industry and market developments;
- Living in the region where you are going to work, if applicable. Positions are sometimes internationally oriented.
Terms of employment and salary
The starting salary of a MSL varies between € 4.000,- and € 5.000,- per month, and the secondary employment conditions typically entail a performance based bonus and a lease car.
Interested in a position as a Medical Science Liaison?
Is the vacancy you are looking for not listed? Contact us and we will be happy to help you with your dream opportunity! Or click below and sign in.