Job description Product Manager and salary
A Product Manager typically is an office based function that is responsible for the implementation of the product strategy, the marketing plan and all related marketing and sales activities around a medicine, group of medicines, medical nutrition (or a FMCG), OTC/healthcare products and a medical device.
Some tasks/responsibilities of a Product Manager (Office function):
- Writing and executing strategic business and marketing plans, in collaboration with commercial management, headquarters (product brand plan), sales management, market access management, medical management, registration colleagues, communication agencies and market advice groups (important prescribers, opinion leaders, round tables and other advisory groups);
- Financial (joint) responsibility for budgets (advertising & promotion, conferences and symposia, sales brochures and other product documentation, website content, literature) and sales results, as well as analysis of budget income and cost. Often the product manager has a role in determining or negotiating prices and fees, nationally or in collaboration with sales and account management;
- Initiate and coordinate marketing activities and projects;
- Presenting (to) and training the field staff;
- Visiting (inter)national congresses and hospitals, Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs);
- Close collaboration with headquarters, translation of corporate brand strategy, logos and visuals, corporate product budgets (approval for expenditure on projects, local communication strategies) and input in corporate product strategy;
- Discussion partner for 1st, 2nd and 3rd line professionals such as general practitioners, medical specialists, pharmacists and other medical professionals, and also discussion partner for other DMUs (Decision Making Units), as local and national formulary committees and insurance companies;
- Organization of advisory councils, role as discussion leader or chairman or giving product presentations.
Your background and profile:
- A completed Bachelor or Master education, for example in Marketing, Commercial Economy or in Biomedical Sciences;
- Demonstrable successes in marketing or sales, often the requirement is that you have gained this experience in a sales position, however a medical background as Medical Advisor can also be attributable for marketing roles;
- Strategic insight;
- Excellent planner;
- Analytically and conceptually strength;
- Strong and inspiring personality.
Terms of employment and salary
Terms of employment are variable and depending on experience. A lease car, telephone and laptop are often part of the secondary employment conditions. Usually you will also have a bonus scheme. The salary of a Product Manager is between € 50.000,- and € 80.000,- euro per year.
Interested in a position as a Product Manager?
- Click here to sign in (use the link below)
- View our Marketing & Sales vacancies
- View our complete list of current vacancies
Is the vacancy you are looking for not listed? Contact us and we will be happy to help you with your dream opportunity !