A Product Specialist is a field based (non-office based) position and in such a role you usually have regional responsibility for sales results and market share growth for products (in your portfolio) in promotion. These sales are to be realized in 1st, 2nd or 3rd line such as general physician (GP), pharmacist and (medical) specialists, or other defined allocated decision making units (DMU’s) like regional prescription formularies. Based upon national and derived regional targets (sales or account plan), you will ensure that regional/rayon sales targets are implemented and achieved. It is important that you build and maintain a good network of your own. You often report to a (Regional) Sales Manager.
Some tasks/responsibilities of a Product Specialist:
- Informing your target group about medicines in your portfolio, with regard to effectiveness, safety, price-quality ratios and other (medical scientific) benefits, often in comparison with similar competitive products or usual care therapeutic approaches;
- Building and maintaining your own regional network;
- Achieving set commercial objectives;
- Visiting the target group based on the account plan;
- Organize meetings with target groups;
- Representing the pharmaceutical organization at local, regional and national symposia and congresses;
- Active collaboration with marketing, sales and medical (or clinical) colleagues within the company;
- Preparing, giving and following up on group presentations;
- Co-inventing, setting up and implementing medical, marketing and sales projects to increase market share development and customer satisfaction;
- Reporting your visits, projects and activities in a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
Your background and profile:
- Appropriate Bachelor or Master education, for example in a Biomedical, Biopharmaceutical, Marketing or Commercial direction;
- Completed basic training in Rayon Management / Medical Sales Representative courses (like General Medical Knowledge module or AMK, General Pharmaceutical Knowledge or (AFK and Law and Regulation or W&R) is an advantage;
- Experience as a Rayon Manager is a plus;
- Experience with Key Account / DMU Management;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Networker with excellent communication skills, dynamic, team player with a customer-oriented attitude;
- Ability to negotiate;
- Driven personality;
- Monitor deadlines;
- Project management skills;
- Interest in the pharmaceutical industry and market developments;
- Living in the region where you are going to work, if applicable.
Terms of employment and salary
Terms of employment are variable and depending on experience. A lease car, telephone and laptop are often part of the secondary employment conditions. Usually you will also have a bonus scheme. The salary of a Product Specialist is between € 40.000,- and € 50.000,- euro per year.
Interested in a position as a Product Specialist?
- Click here to sign in
- View our Marketing & Sales vacancies
- View our complete list of current vacancies
Is the vacancy you are looking for not listed? Contact us and we will be happy to help you with your dream opportunity!