Within the supply chain department they manage the chain of supplies and services from supplier to customer. This can both be an internal (ERP/WHS) or an external client. Officially this chain of command is called supply chain management (SCM). This includes the flow of goods, but also warehousing, stock management, and planning. In the department you are in contact with a lot of different parties, production, suppliers, clients, etc, you really are the linchpin of the company. The bigger the organisation the more the tasks are divided within the team.
Some tasks/responsibilities of a Supply Chain professional:
- Improvement and analysis of supply chain processes;
- Planning to reduce shortage, but also surpluses;
- Arranging orders and the flow of supplies;
- Provide information to client and producer;
- Source the best deals;
- Manage production;
- Quality management;
- Keeping SCM systems on track.
Most supply chain positions for which Herakles Pharma Staffing recruits are related to manufacturing, packaging and distribution of medicines, medical devices and food. These roles are therefore subject to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Distribution Practice (GDP)
Your background and profile
- You have an Bachelor/Master education in (technical) business administration, supply chain management or operations management;
- You are a strong communicator;
- You are a quick thinker, and have an analytical and problem solving mindset;
- Strong IT skills, for example with SAP systems.
Terms of employment and salary
Depending on experience the salary of a supply chain professional varies between € 25.000,- and € 70.000,- gross per year on fulltime employment. This is also dependent on the company and size of the department.
Interested in a position as a Supply Chain professional?
Is the vacancy you are looking for not listed? Contact us and we will be happy to help you with your dream opportunity!