Business Development Director – 1.0 FTE / 36 uur in Leiden fulltime
A brand new challenging position within the team of our growing client! The mission of our client is to save the lives of patients with blood cancers. We are seeking an enthousiastic Director of Business Development & Fundraising. The organization currently counts 90 employees in Europe and the Dutch office is located in Leiden. There is a lot of flexibility working from home. You will be reporting to the Executive Director. A great opportunity in true patient centric environment!
The Director of Business Development and Fundraising is responsible for generating all the revenue to the organization to fulfill its social mission. He or she will lead and give internal coherence to all the funding activities we are currently running (Clinical Research Projects, Educational events, the Annual Meeting, memberships). This person will have a vision on creating and implementing the Business development strategy in order to acquire new- and maintain existing sponsors. The aim is that the most important clinical stakeholders become promoters and continue to give financial support the organization.
You will work closely together with the Executive Director, the Financial Department and Operational Managers to ensure an optimal resource allocation and the highest impact of their work. One of the main responsibilities will be the development, implementation and maintenance of a budget system for Clinical Research Projects, to make sure that all services the company offers in the research contracts with Pharma companies are covered by adequate budgets and to enable a solid human research planning at the Clinical Research department. A full job description is available. A summary of the most important responsibilities for the Director of Business Development & Fundraising:
- Responsible for the Business Development & Fundraising strategies;
- Create and lead the Business Plan for the department, follow-up on the plan, together with all the units;
- Create and maintain a strong Pharma network and manage the contacts data base. Guarantee that all units are sharing and updating information in the CRM system;
- Inform, communicate, seek for advice and work together with Operations and Finance in order to be aligned internally before negotiating contracts on Clinical Research Projects with the clients and signing of a contract;
- Give the final approval to all contracts before signature, with special attention to the design of the study, contents of contract, services, and budget;
- Design and review with the Units´ managers the sponsorship packages, with a consistent and transparent pricing system, supervise the negotiations and the sales implementation;
- Supervise the marketing campaigns and analyze its results. Propose new innovative approaches;
- Manage and control the budget of the department;
- Manage 4 team members based in different locations;
- Management team meetings.
The ideal profile for the role as a Director of Business Development & Fundraising:
- A solid background such an MBA in Marketing or Business Administration, or life science background with relevant experience;
- 5+ years of experience with sponsorships / fundraising in a business development type of role;
- Strong finance skills;
- Experience within a healthcare or pharmaceutical company;
- Experience with contracts, negotiations and budgets of clinical research projects;
- Fluent in English;
- Strong leadership skills with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Analytical, innovative and creative;
- Networking skills with initiative.
You will be working in a great team with warm colleagues and a company with a strong goal. Besides the base salary you will receive a 13th month, holiday allowance, flexible hours, collective healh insurance and a pension scheme.
Interested in this position? Please respond via this website. For questions, please contact Albert Hollemans via 0622639519 / firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be appreciated to send your CV upfront.