The buyer is responsible for sourcing and securing sustainable and ethical pharmaceuticals, ensuring a reliable supply chain which delivers the best value for money and timely deliveries for our clients. The Buyer is responsible for maintaining and growing productive relationships with suppliers and maximising warehouse space through stock management techniques.
- Creation and delivery of procurement strategy
- Collaboratively work with the management to create demand forecasting and interface with third party supply
- Negotiation of contracts with suppliers including creation of a preferred suppliers list
- Sourcing of pharmaceutical products to meet customer needs
- Supplier relationship management – including supplier quality and performance
- Planning and market pricing forecasting
- Develop and implement tools to increase productivity
- Optimise the inventory process, providing analysis and recommendations on total inventory
- Implement strategic stock policies that will ensure optimum service is maintained at all times
- Manage stock control process and ensure that stock levels are reviewed on a regular basis
- Customer relationship management -increasing current sales and prospecting to open up new accounts
- Makes a strong personal impression on others; Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others; Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
- Establishes good relationships with customers and staff; builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation; Relates well to people at all levels; Manages conflict;
- Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information; Breaks information into component parts, patterns, and relationships; Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; Makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; Produces workable solutions to a range of problems; Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; Identifies business opportunities for the organisation; Demonstrates financial awareness; Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
- Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks; Takes responsibility for actions, projects, and people; Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity.
- 3-5 years’ experience in sourcing/procurement/purchasing/Sales role within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably within the parallel warehouse market.
- Strong regional knowledge and experience
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken in English.
More information about the buyer position? Please contract Leonie Koomen at Leonie@heraklespharma.nl or 06-10518323