Commercial Director / General Manager in Rotterdam fulltime
This is an unique opportunity to join a pharmaceutical business unit focused on a life threatening rare disease.
Their current activities are already well established across the EU through named patient schemes. The product is also distributed globally and new markets are already under development to broaden the business footprint. However, a coherent global commercial strategy is required for the product to achieve its potential as a global brand.The business unit has developed organically and become very successful, operating as a highly independent and dynamic team which manages all aspects of the product in accordance with business plans agreed with the parent company.
With the completion of its centralised EU licence application the business is now ripe for a new focus in order to move forward with clear commercial strategies. The role will be an interesting and challenging position for someone who has developed considerable commercial acumen in the pharma industry and wants to leverage this creatively to develop a global commercial strategy for the medicine and will enjoy leading its implementation into new income generating activities.
Your role is to structure, develop and lead the commercial pharmaceutical organization to ensure a solid, sustainable and profitable future growth of the pharmaceutical business unit and its targets by leading and further developing the commercial strategy and department. You will have the opportunity to further direct the organisation by maintaining and developing the current core activities and shape the commercial future by strengthening and further expanding our organisation. You will have great freedom to shape your functional area and lead the strategic commercial activities. This role will report to the regional VP.
Purpose of Role / Goal:
- To structure, develop and lead the commercial organization to ensure a solid, sustainable and profitable future growth of the pharmaceutical business unit and its targets;
- Be the commercial ambassador of the organization.
Main Responsibilities & Authorities for the function as a Commercial Director / General Manager:
- Lead and design the commercial strategy of the organization;
- Strategic identification & analysis of market risks and opportunities;
- Mapping, monitoring and developing strategies for national tenders;
- Leading Pricing & Reimbursement activities with local partners;
- Further building the commercial team;
- Contribute to the overall business strategy;
- Preparation & execution of business plans to achieve AOP;
- Management of the identification and development of new markets;
- Developing and maintaining a global network of commercial contacts/partners.
Qualifications for the function as a Commercial Director / General Manager:
- Degree in related discipline and proven experience in pharmaceutical sector or similar;
- Proven track record with commercial growth strategies and budget management;
- Experience within a growing company is a plus;
- Good understanding of the (EU) pharmaceutical landscape with a broad knowledge of regulatory, market access/compliance experience;
- Excellent command English communication skills, other language skills are a plus;
- Able to travel approx. twice per month internationally;
- Recognize the following characteristics; comfortable in a small dynamic environment, pro-active, flexible, excellent organisational and negotiation skills, and result focussed.
The company will offer a competitive compensation package with a good base salary and a bonus scheme, 33 holidays, a pension scheme, several allowances and participation of the collective health insurance.
Interested in this role as Commercial Director / General Manager? Please respond via this page. For questions, please contact Albert Hollemans via 06-2263 95 19