Our client, Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson and is passionate about the development, production and marketing of vaccines to prevent and combat infectious diseases.
The Drug Substance Operations (DSO) department has a GMP manufacturing facility at the Bioscience Park in Leiden where they proudly produce groundbreaking medicines against diseases that have a global impact, such as vaccines against HIV, RSV and Ebola. This is also the place where they are producing the COVID-19 vaccine material.
To strengthen the Drug Substance Operations department of our client is looking for an DSP operator (Assistant Scientist).
Would you like to be directly involved in the fight against global disease and pandemics? Then keep reading!
You, as DSP Operator (assistant scientist) are primarily responsible for the cGMP production of Clinical Trial material.
Apart from production operations you will be updating documentation, be responsible for predefined process steps, and the state of related equipment. Next to these core tasks small improvements and innovative projects will be a stable part of your daily work package. Our client constantly strive for improvement using Process Excellence tools such as “Lean Manufacturing”. You will also be tasked to do data management, acute problem solving, and many other small and diverse tasks. As the job entails team work within a diverse and global organisation, we require good communications skills in English.
Other requirements for the role as a Assistant Scientist:
- Quality is always the main goal for you, and efficiency a close second;
- Initiative, you seek out potential solutions yourself;
- You aim for full customer satisfaction. What is asked you deliver with the required quality within the agreed timeframe;
- Operational troubleshooting capabilities;
- Persevering, you see projects to their end and can find your own way around obstacles;
- Innovative thinker, able to think up new ideas for old problems;
- Interpersonal skills, able to provide and receive feedback in a constructive way. You make yourself part of discussions and help transform these into positive actions;
- Flexible, you are willing to adapt your planning to help tackle problems for the organisation.
Qualifications for the function as a Assistant Scientist:
- Completed MLO / HLO (level 4) or (maximum) BSc degree, preferably in Microbiology/Life Sciences or equivalent (PhD’s are excluded for this position);
- 2 years (or more) experience with cGMP manufacturing is a requirement;
- Able to converse and write effectively in technical English;
- Experience as (process) technician or equivalent in life science or pilot plant operations in a cGMP environment is preferred.
Salary depending on experience and education, starting from € 2.500,- gross/month.
Temporary contract for 1 year.
Are you interested in the position of DSP Operator (Assistant Scientist)? Apply via the button below, or in case of questions approach the recruiter mentioned at the vacancy.
Is this vacancy not suitable for you? Then register with us bij clicking on this link and we will be happy to help you find your dream job.