Our client is a life sciences company focused on the development, production and commercialization of high-value consumable products used in the process of manufacturing biological drugs. Their bioprocessing products are sold to major life sciences and biopharmaceutical companies worldwide.
For our client, Herakles is seeking an up and coming IT professional with 1-3 years’ experience in IT support and administration looking to broaden their experience. Responsibilities of the position include working with the IT team to provide general IT support to Repligen’s growing worldwide employee base, taking a leading role in IT projects from conception, through implementation, and training, as well as other IT related initiatives as assigned.This job is suited for someone with a well rounded IT background and a passion for problem solving that has proven they can support others as well as work independently on projects. Our company is evolving and growing, come define your career with us and grow together.
The responsibilities of the Information Systems Specialist are:
- Front-line team member for employee IT support requests;
- Manages IT support request ticket queue;
- Ensures timely completion, follow-up, and documentation of all support requests;
- Work with or escalate issues to other IT team members as appropriate for resolution;
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware/software problems;
- Helping employees best used technology at their disposal either by following company best practice or proposing new processes;
- New employee onboarding including setup and employee IT orientation;
- Author and conduct monthly IT training session for interested employees;
- Support and own portions of the corporate information systems as assigned within the global IT department;
- Responsible for printers and copiers, resolving issues or escalating to support vendors when appropriate;
- Maintains conference room AV equipment;
- Coduct computer equipment purchasing as directed;
- Researches, tests, and implements new software and hardware while supporting and integrating existing legacy systems;
- Interprets business needs into functional requirements and project specifications;
- Able to work with consultants or vendors to drive and oversee project implementation;
- Recognizes areas for improvement by defining and/or developing business processes/procedures by researching and identifying enabling systems/technologies;
- Develops and maintains IT systems documentation and procedures;
- May require occasional work outside of normal business hours;
- Ability to adjust to frequently changing work demands and triage appropriately;
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Qualifications for the function as a Information Systems Specialist are:
- Requires a minimum of 1-3 years IT support experience in a Windows environment;
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or related discipline preferred;
- A broad understanding of information systems technology and a solid understanding of the appropriate application of various technologies and system life cycles is required;
- Requires strong Microsoft Office skills, Project and Visio preferably as well;
- Prior experience working for a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is preferred;
- Ability to multitask and manage time with limited supervision is a must;
- Additional requisites include: strong organizational and interpersonal skills, a process oriented mindset, strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work independently, results-oriented attitude with ability to prioritize, and a talent for interacting with people at all levels.
You live in the Netherlands and you are an EU citizen or alternatively you hold a permanent working permit
Interested in the position as a Information Systems Specialist? Then apply via the button below or if you have any questions, contact the recruiter mentioned in the vacancy.