Our client is a life sciences company focused on the development, production and commercialization of high-value consumable products used in the process of manufacturing biological drugs. Their bioprocessing products are sold to major life sciences and biopharmaceutical companies worldwide.
For our client, Herakles is seeking a Manufacturing Associate I. He/She will play a key role in ensuring that the department’s production and quality goals are met. Applicants must have strong technical knowledge and problem-solving skills. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions accurately, learn complex tasks quickly, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Experience working in a GMP/document-controlled environment would be beneficial. Attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team environment are essential. Candidates must be willing and able to learn new manufacturing processes as the company grows and also to work overtime.
The responsibilities of the Manufacturing Associate I are:
Contributes to the daily operation of the team of our client, which will include the following:
- Fermentation using a 3000L bioreactor;
- Product recovery using Microfiltration and Ultrafiltration;
- Aseptic strain handling and liquid fill/finish within a Bio-safety cabinet;
- Large scale column chromatography
- Product recovery using tangential flow filtration
- Large scale buffer/media preparation
- pH precipitation
- Sterile filtration
- Aseptic liquid fill/finish
- Equipment cleaning (CIP/SIP)
- Chromatography column packing
- Timely and accurate completion/review of production documentation
- Entry of in-process data into trending databases
- May be required to cross train into fermentation and/or chromatography column packing department
Maintain a safe working environment and follow all site safety procedures.
Ensures all manufacturing processes are carried out according to approved batch records and SOPs
Reviews batch records for accuracy and in a timely manner. Reports deviations to Quality Assurance Participates in development and implementation of Corrective Actions
Qualifications for the function as a Manufacturing Associate I are:
- BS degree in biological sciences, or a related field preferred, or a minimum of two years’ experience in biotech manufacturing;
- Excellent organizational and communications skills;
- Must be resourceful and self-motivated;
- Must be willing to work overtime (including evenings and weekends) as required;
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
You live in the Netherlands and you are an EU citizen or alternatively you hold a permanent working permit
Interested in the position as a Manufacturing Associate? Then apply via the button below or if you have any questions, contact the recruiter mentioned in the vacancy.