Medical Information Specialist Leiden fulltime
The Medical Affairs department of Johnson & Johnson in Europe is looking for a Medical Information Specialist (MIS). This MIS is part of the Global Medical Affairs (GMA) department and provides Medical Affairs support, in the form of medical content and expertise, to companies operating companies (OpCos) around the world (outside the US) that commercialize the Immunology products. The GMA group’s value added is centered on its product expertise and its close integration with Biotech in the US. Its core functions are the Therapeutic Area Franchises, of which there are two: Rheumatology and Gastroenterology/Dermatology, and Medical Information. The Medical Information Department (MIC), of which the MIS is a part, provides high quality, fast medical information services supporting the companies immunology products to its affiliates around the world. Additionally, the MIC interact with J&J’s commercial partners. The group’s main purpose is to help these customers acquiring and maintaining their expertise in the supported products by handling any medical query or scientific question they might arise, and by creating standard medical responses and materials compiling all the information available on a specific related topic. Further, the MIC support key activities or other Global Medical Affairs functions.
Responsibilities for the function as a Medical Information Specialist:
- Development of expert therapeutic area knowledge related to the company’s immunology products and their competitors;
- Development of professional expertise in the field of medical information, including applicable compliance regulations and codes of conduct;
- Knowledge and maintenance of the department’s information management systems (databases, electronic sharepoint, reporting tools);
- Provision of responses to incoming medical information requests from the companies affiliates;
- Adequate documentation of the service requests and their responses;
- Recognition and processing of incoming adverse events and product complaints;
- Development of standard global medical information materials, e.g. slide kits and medical letters;
- Provision of support to other GMA departments for special projects and congress as needed.
Requirements for the function as a Medical Information Specialist:
- Have completed a university (MSc) or HBO (BSc) in biomedical/biopharmaceutical sciences, or pharmacy;
- Live in the Leiden regio as this is an office based role;
- Are fulltime available;
- Are a EU citizen and/or have a valid EU working permit for 2020.
- Have 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Posses excellent English skills written and spoken.
This is a contracting role for 9 months through Herakles. The salary will be dependent on experience and will amount to a maximum of € 50.000,- per year on fulltime employment.
Interested in this role of Medical Information Specialist? Please apply through this website. If you have any questions please contact the person next to this vacancy.