Our client is a life sciences company focused on the development, production and commercialization of high-value consumable products used in the process of manufacturing biological drugs. Their bioprocessing products are sold to major life sciences and biopharmaceutical companies worldwide.
For our client, Herakles is seeking a Senior Buyer who performs all functions needed to ensure the lowest total cost of purchased materials and services for a site. The purpose is to balance the objectives of maximum product availability with strategic inventory plans. Some products may be purchased from key suppliers and replenished to the Distribution Centers. The Sr. Buyer Leads/participates in negotiations and cross-functional teams to implement proactive procurement philosophies (JIT, PAC, Reverse Auctions, E-commerce), strategies, policies, and procedures for successful integration into multiple business plans across various corporate departments. Additionally, a Sr. Buyer is responsible for preparing data and analyzing inventory trends, external and internal key performance metrics, and proposing process improvement and the generation or management of key reports, metrics, and projects. This is a service position and is responsive to the needs of internal and external (suppliers) customers. Role may include team participation.
The responsibilities of the Senior Buyer are:
- Knowledge of procurement processes, contract negotiation, commodity strategies, and strategic supplier management;
- Understand purchasing policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate knowledge of business concepts/principles (terms and conditions, transportation, accounting);
- Knowledge of supply chain programs (Consignment (PAC), JIT, VMI, etc.) and ability to launch and manage project execution of these programs;
- ISO or equivalent system, understanding procedures and requirements and change control (FDA, GMP, etc.);
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment and supplies from vendors;
- MRP knowledge and ERP experience in a manufacturing environment, SAP+;
- Solicit quotations for materials and services, analyze bids for specification compliance, pricing, delivery commitments, and evaluate the sources to ensure they can sustain providing goods and services;
- Effectively process expense and blanket purchase orders: negotiate delivery, terms and conditions and pricing, and expedite/follow through on receipt and payment;
- Monitors supplier and product performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations;
- Communicates effectively with vendors and management of accounts, problem solve challenges and issues;
- Recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions;
- Experience in Invoice reconciliation and inventory management;
- Manage local supplier relationships;
- Negotiate site spend raw material and services agreements; Contract negotiation exposure;
- Manage new part release planning data and participate in New Product Initiative teams;
- Participate in purchasing performance metrics: purchase price variance, on-time delivery, Site Supplier Quality Scorecards, PO Cycle Time, Site Raw Material;
- Understanding of Regional Government guidelines;
- In-house manufacturing and outsourcing experience;
- Train and administer end user support of E-Commerce solutions;
- Process improvement capability;
- R&D project buyer/management experience;
- All other duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications for the function as a Senior Buyer are:
- Bachelor’s in business, technical discipline or equivalent experience;
- CPM/CIPS Certification or equivalent preferred; APICS or equivalent Certification preferred;
- Minimum 5-7 years business experience;
- Strong chemical, plastics and component category knowledge;
- Advanced skills in Excel and ERP systems, SAP+;
- Function is a global and matrix organization;
- Exposure in negotiation and contract management.
You live in the Netherlands and you are an EU citizen or alternatively you hold a permanent working permit
Interested in the position as a Senior Buyer? Then apply via the button below or if you have any questions, contact the recruiter mentioned in the vacancy.