Our client, Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In their organization entrepreneurial people work in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a ‘can do’ state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen the team Herakles is looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen.
The USP department is responsible for early- as well as late-stage development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. This is done in close collaboration with many partners in Discovery, Development and Supply Chain in an international environment. Within the USP department, a lab team is responsible for performing all hands-on experimental activities, data processing and documentation, whereas a team of scientists is responsible for the overall scientific approach and progress within our projects. The current focus of the USP department is on developing robust processes for the manufacturing of the COVID-19 and RSV vaccines and transferring the technology to multiple production facilities.
Quick application is recommended, the procedure closes on a short notice.
Responsibilities for the function as a Senior Scientist Up Stream Processing (USP):
- Leads teams of motivated process developers;
- Develops and executes USP early- and late-stage development and tech transfer strategies;
- Creates and manages research plans with greater complexity in the delivery of business results;
- Represents USP in multidisciplinary project team(s);
- Acts as senior author in the preparation of presentations, technical reports, documents for regulatory filing and patents;
- Applies the latest technological innovations into the daily work. One of the major innovations currently explored is modeling, data science and statistical analysis applied to bioprocessing.
Quick application is recommended, the procedure closes soon.
Qualifications for the function as a Senior Scientist Up Stream Processing (USP):
- PhD degree or post-doctorate degree biopharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, engineering or related fields;
- At least 6 years of late-stage biopharmaceutical experience (of which at least some years in industry!);
- Technical knowledge on bioreactor process technology; ideally for R&D and/or commercial (GMP) purposes;
- Experience with two or more of the following: life cycle process validation; regulatory submission writing; process improvements; technology transfer; manufacturing support and people management.
Salary depending on experience; max € 90.000 gross/year.
Interested in the position as a Senior Scientist Up Stream Processing (USP)? Then apply via the button below or if you have any questions, contact the Recruiter mentioned in the vacancy.
Is this vacancy not suitable for you? Then register with us bij clicking on this link and we will be happy to help you find your dream job!